About the club
Volunteering at SCGC
Policies and Procedures
Gymfit Schools Program
School Holiday Program
MG National Levels
WG National Levels
MG Club Levels
WG Club Levels
Volunteering at SCGC
The Southern Canberra Gymnastics Club has tremendous support from a number of volunteers – their support is essential to the on-going running of the Club.
But more volunteers are always welcome not just to ease the burden of the current volunteers but importantly to add to the Club’s “family” of friends who are interested in seeing and helping their kid’s Club continue to grow and expand.
There are many ways you can help – but please do not wait to be asked – do not be shy just tell us what you would like to do or ask how you can help. Here are just a few ways you can be involved:
– The Club conducts regular working bees at least once a term to tidy up around the gym, doing things like pruning, weeding, rubbish removal and the like. Keep an eye out for the notices and come and give us a hand. However, please do not wait for these activities, if you see any rubbish around the grounds, please pick it up and put it in one of the bins.
Mowing, edging etc
– It gets much easier in the winter but in the grass growing months it is hard to keep up with just one person doing the mowing etc – if you can help, have a ride on mower or whatever, just let the front office people know and we can sort out times to share the load.
– There is always something that needs painting – let us know if you like painting (yes we know that no one “likes” painting but if you would like to help just let us know – again give the front office people your details.
– Not an onerous task generally but often we need specialist technical assistance – is you are a tradie or engineer and would not mind being called on for specific tasks, again just let us know your details.
– we always need help at the major comps held in the gym and we know it is tough if your kids are competing – but if you are willing and able to help in any capacity from helping with the BBQ, with the score table, with general support on the day or in whatever capacity – just let us know.
– if you are interested in becoming a qualified gymnastics judge please feel free to ask one of our senior coaches – who are also qualified judges – or ask at the front office and we will contact you with full details.
If you have any questions or think you can help in other ways, please do not hesitate to contact our people in the front office, give us a call on 6296 3331, email us at
or tell one of the senior coaches you can pass on your details to the committee.